Today I thought I would post something a little different. I’m going to talk about my unboxing for the Howler Edition of Illumicrate. Recently I read the Red Rising series by Pierce Brown and I loved it so much. It changed me as a reader. You know those great books that you feel speak to your soul and change you on the inside? Well, this series did that for me. It was shocking, brilliant, so well written and was brutally honest. If you haven’t read this series I certainly would recommend it. The last book in the original trilogy – Morning Star – is probably one of my favourite books that I will EVER read.
That being said – here is my unboxing of the ‘Howler Edition’ by Illumicrate! It had 16 items inside the box including the hardback copy of Iron Gold (which is BLOODY MASSIVE btw) and the cost including shipping was fantastic – each item working out to be about 12 dollars AUD each (including the book).
The box contained:
– Lip balm and Bath salts by @glasgowsoap
– Red beanie with ‘Break the Chains’ lettering by @xcrini
– Giant tote bag with ‘His sunt leones’ by @goodnightkittens
– Enamel pin with ‘Death is my shadow’ by @fableandblack
– Sophocles keyring by @hannahhitchmanart
– 2x Wooden coasters by @rdashjackdotcom
– Mug, 2018 mini calendar and 14 colour sticker by Hey Atlas Creative
– Fandom art of Darrow and Sevro by @phantomrin
– Fandom art bookmarks of Sevro, Darrow, Cassius, Ragnor & Mustang by the amazing @merwildandco
– Socks, iron on patch and notebook by the Illumicrate team
And as I mentioned there was a hardback copy of Iron Gold, thanks to Hodderscape.
This box was absolutely stunning and definitely worth it. I know I will use all of these items, and I can’t wait to get stuck into Iron Gold. My favourite item(s) out of the box are the art bookmarks by Merwild. They are exactly how I envisaged the characters and she did so well to bring them to life.
You can also still purchase this box if you want, on the Illumicrate website. If you are a fan of the Red Rising saga I would definitely recommend it! The items are beautiful and the box was very well put together.